Mookaite Jasper Gua Sha Stone
Created by Cecily Braden, this patented design is unlike any other tool on the market: it bridges professional techniques with at-home rituals. It’s unique angles, bevelled edges, smooth texture and built-in acupressure points allow professionals to perform extremely specific facial massage techniques while the familiar curves, small size and CJB signature protective pouch make this tool ideal for at home use and beginners.
WHY WE LOVE IT
The best thing about the Mookaite Gua Sha is the size of the large curved edge and no matter what face shape you have, this curve will pretty much hug your entire cheek, resulting in a pleasant glide.The bevelled edges mean that you will never pull on the skin. Every time we hold and look at these stones we cannot believe how beautiful each one is! Each stone is unique and has its own colour and pattern...so the stone will choose you...
Daily use improves elasticity, reduces inflammation and through increased micro-circulation and lymphatic flow. This cleanses the tissue and helps keep the space around the cells pristine, so healthy skin can flourish.
- Begin by ensuring the skin has some “slip”. You can use the Gua Sha in the shower or bath using water, as part of your cleansing massaging over the cleanser, or after your skincare once any oils or serums have been applied. We recommend the Living Libations Best Skin Ever Oil.
- Begin by opening the neck using either the large curve or the smaller curve (whichever suits you better). Glide this down the neck starting from behind the ear using light pressure (the weight of the stone) and bring this down towards the collarbone. Repeat 5-10 times working around the neck.
- Warm up the lymph nodes by massaging the curved tip in circular motions on the inside of the ear for a few seconds and then sweep this down under the jaw. Repeat 3 times.
- Take the larger curve and glide this across the cheek from the lips towards the ear making sure to hold the skin taut so that you don't drag the skin. Repeat this move 5-10 times.
- Use the curved tip lightly across the orbital bone starting at the ridge of the nose and very lightly glide this towards the temple and watch the little ripple of fluid move. Repeat the 3-5 times with very light pressure and the skin around the eyes is very delicate.
- Use the larger curve and place this horizontally across the forehead and whilst holding the skin taut between the eyebrows, glide the stone upwards towards the hairline. Repeat this across the forehead 5-10 time. This move is like ironing out any fine lines.
- Finish off with a few glides down the neck from the jawlines to finish the lymphatic drainage.
WANT TO GO DEEPER?
1 - 3 day dispatch on orders placed before 3pm Mon-Fri. Orders placed on the weekend will not be shipped until Monday (excluding Bank Holidays).